Simple skin care can be divided into 4 areas:
Without proper Sun Protection you're wasting your time and money on skin care. Photo-damage (sun damage) causes breakdown of collagen and elastic fibers—skin sagging and wrinkling, dyspigmentation(brown spots), pre-skin cancers, and skin cancer. The consequences of chronic sun exposure are obvious when you compare exposed skin of the face and neck to the unexposed skin of the buttocks inner thighs or inner arms.
- For daily skin protection, we recommend a lightweight UV Intense Protector (SPF 50) with titanium dioxide.
- For sun specific activities (swimming, golf, boating, skiing etc.) we recommend an extra boost with a UV Sport (SPF 50) sunscreen containing zinc oxide.
Moisturization is out; hydration is in. We can use nano-technology to deliver hyaluronic acid to multiple levels of your skin and keep it well hydrated. Hyaluronic acid attracts water-this is how we hydrate our tissues. Hyalogy is a game changer in the treatment of skin dryness.
HYALOGY IS THE ONLY TRUE NANO-TECHNOLOGY-HYALURONIC ACID PRODUCT ON THE MARKET TODAY.
The ability to deliver glycosaminoglycans (GAGS) with Senté technology, while also acting as a carrier for other agents (such as retinols) to the deeper dermis has been revolutionary. Heparan Sulfate, another (GAG) helps create our skin's response to inflammation, then enables the repair process of skin cells. This inflammation is responsible for facial redness (ie. rosacea) and visible signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, brown spots and sagging skin.
Proper Diet and Exercise
Diet and exercise are reflected in your skin's appearance. Lifestyle choices like the Mediterranean Diet, which incorporate plenty of fruits, vegetables and fiber, put your skin in the proper nutritional environment.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Check your vitamin D and hormone levels annually.
- Appropriate amounts of aerobic, anaerobic and resistance training will lead to better blood flow and delivery of nutrients to vital skin structures.